On Friday, December 7 at 12:50pm PST, OpenX Enterprise will be upgraded to include new features, improvements, and fixes in the following areas:
NOTE: The OpenX Enterprise interface will be intermittently unavailable for approximately 2 hours during the release. Please do not plan on using the interface during the release window. Your ads will continue to serve and delivery will not be impacted. Also, although the primary user-facing features will be launched on Friday, December 7, we will be upgrading other parts of our platform during the week of December 3.
After the release has been completed, you should clear the cache in your web browser to ensure that you are able to access these product updates.
- MRAID 2.0 support: The OpenX iOS and Android SDKs have been updated to support version 2.0 of IAB's latest MRAID (Mobile Rich Media Ad Interface Definition). The MRAID standard defines a common API for mobile rich media ads that will run in mobile apps. MRAID Version 2 extends the capabilities of MRAID Version 1 to give ad designers more control over expandable ads, and provides a new method, resize(), which permits more subtle and interesting size changes in ad creatives as well. In addition, MRAID 2.0 provides a standard way to query a device regarding certain capabilities, offers consistent handling of video creative, and addresses two native capabilities not well implemented by HTML5 at present: adding an entry to the device calendar and storing an image in the device photo roll. For more information on MRAID v.2.0, visit IAB's MRAID page.
- Mobile-specific magic macros: OpenX now supports additional mobile-specific magic macros that you can use to dynamically insert attributes into your creatives or click-through URLs when OpenX serves an ad on a mobile device. These new macros include:
- New Non-guaranteed - Preferred Access buying model: This release includes a new buying model for line items and additional settings for programmatic deals. Now you can create a Non-guaranteed - Preferred Access line item, where the deal-holding buyer will have first access to any impressions without guaranteed demand. This buyer can then choose to take the impression or to pass on it. Additionally, for any programmatic deals, now buyers have special visibility into the specific inventory on an impression, though they compete in the general auction along with everyone else.
- Updated real-time bidding API to support programmatic deals: The OpenX Market Real-time Bidding API has been updated to include enhancements for programmatic deals. In the AdId message of the OpenX Market bid request, deal_id has been deprecated, and the deal object has been added. The Deal message identifies the deal ID, the CPM price for the impression, the pricing type, and the deal exclusivity.
Available ad tag types for publisher users
- Update for decoding of cookie values: In this release we have added a patch to URL decode custom variables in a cookie to allow for multiple key values. Enterprise publishers that would like to set and target cookies with multiple key values are now required to encode any special character delimiters (comma, space, and semicolon) when setting cookie values.
Time of Release:
(GMT-8) United States Pacific time: Friday, December 7 at 12:50pm
(GMT-5) United States Eastern time: Friday, December 7 at 3:50pm
(GMT) London, Birmingham, Glasgow: Friday, December 7 at 8:50pm
(GMT+1) Paris, Madrid, Barcelona: Friday, December 7 at 9:50pm
(GMT+9) Tokyo: Saturday, December 8 at 5:50am
(GMT+11) Sydney, Brisbane: Saturday, December 8 at 7:50am
The OpenX Enterprise administrative interface will be unavailable for approximately 2 hours during the release. Ad delivery will remain Generally Available during the release.
Note: The term "Generally Available" means that we are conducting maintenance on the system that should be seamless to the customer. However, there is a remote possibility that there could be a disruption to service during this time. Unless otherwise noted, interruption to ad delivery is not expected.
For further details, please reach out to us.
OpenX Enterprise Team